News from Kenya – Stay updated !
Watch and listen to news resources from Kenya.
There are several ways, radio, tv, written and social media, to stay updated on what is happening right now in the country, find some selected news sources in the menu below.
If you have found a news source you think is missing, you can read or write comments and ask questions in the disqus field below.
- MPs Question Bid to Allocate Nairobi Sh27.9 Billion[Nation] The proposal to have the National Metropolitan Services (NMS) allocated Sh27.9 billion in the 2020/21 financial year has raised questions with a parliamentary committee summoning Treasury Cabinet Secretary Ukur Yattani over the source of the funding.
- Thieves Turn to Lang'ata Cemetery for Metal[Nation] The dead at the Lang'ata Cemetery cannot rest in peace, and the bereaved cannot sleep peacefully thanks to a group of callous and greedy crooks whose appetite for cash knows no bounds, and respect no one -- not even the dead.
- Magufuli, Uhuru Win Eabc Hearts[Daily News] THE East African Business Council (EABC) has hailed initiatives by President John Magufuli and his Kenyan counterpart, Uhuru Kenyatta and consequent ministerial agree-ments on the free movement of goods across borders.
- Ranchers Change Tack to Gain From Natural Resources Fund[Nation] Conservation efforts in Taita-Taveta County will receive a major boost after the government announced that it has set aside Sh1 billion for sustainable management of natural resources in 160 community conservancies countrywide.
- Nairobi Metropolitan Service Tests Residents for COVID-19[Nation] At least 3,000 Nairobi residents have turned out for the ongoing free Covid-19 mass testing. The testing is being spearheaded by the Nairobi Metropolitan Service (NMS).
- Turkana Records First COVID-19 Case Increasing Pandemic-Hit Counties to 29[Capital FM] Nairobi -Kenya's second largest county land mass, Turkana, Monday recorded its first coronavirus case increasing to twenty-nine the number of counties that have so far recorded COVID-19 cases.
- Lang'ata, Dagoretti Record 36 COVID-19 Cases As Nairobi Infections Surge By 52[Capital FM] Nairobi -Nairobi's Langata and Dagoretti North regions are emerging as new COVID -19 hotspots accounting for 21 and 15 cases respectively of the 72 cases recorded Monday.
- COVID-19 - Nairobi's Slums Could Explode Any Time[Nation] With plans afoot to reopen the country after months of a dusk-to-dawn curfew and containment measures, the spotlight turns to the informal settlements in Nairobi, which could be a ticking time bomb.
- Treasury Declines KQ Sh7 Billion Bailout Appeal[Nation] The Treasury has refused to offer a commitment to Kenya Airways's request for a Sh7 billion emergency bailout after its aircraft were grounded due to the restrictions on international passenger flights sparked by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Meet the Brains Behind Online Therapy Sessions for Athletes[Nairobi News] Covid-19 has changed how most people and organizations with a lot of work now being done from home. The sports industry has also changed with athletes mostly working out from through online platforms like Zoom.
Other recommended news: